H.J. Pratt started Pratt Plumbing Company on January 1, 1963 with three crisp new $100 bills. He worked out of his house and an old Chevrolet truck, affectionately called “Ole Blue.” After two years of hard work, he bought his first new van and hired his first employee. It took many long and devoted hours to establish the reputation Pratt Plumbing has to this day. He and his wife Ernestine worked out of their home until 1972 when they purchased the current location at 3502 E. 11th. For 38 years, H.J. serviced the plumbing needs of many satisfied customers. His daughter and son-in-law, Patricia and Gary Hans, have now purchased the business and the name has proudly been passed from one generation to the next.
Our Current Team
John Esler, Master Plumber
Born in Amarillo, John moved to Pennsylvania as a child before returning to Texas in 2000. He earned his degree in Construction Science from Texas A&M University, and graduated as the top student from the PHCC Plumbing Trade School program. Earlier in his career, he worked as a commercial general contractor in Amarillo. As owner of Pratt Plumbing, John is motivated to provide more professional services than people expect from a typical plumber. John and his wife (also from Amarillo) have two daughters.
Originally from Houston, Tony has called Amarillo home since 2017 – the same year he joined Pratt Plumbing. He brings nearly 30 years of plumbing experience and knowhow to our company and customers, and is an invaluable member of our team.
- Tony in three words: Easy-going, listener, punctual
- Favorite part of plumbing: Fixing plumbing problems (especially gas and sewer lines) and working on home remodels
- Personal interests: Scuba diving and carpentry
Damon is no stranger to the tools of the trade and hard work. He left a career as a pipefitter for plumbing, what he calls a more rewarding industry. Damon joined Pratt Plumbing in 2014, and is part of a team that finds and repairs broken underground drain systems, among other services. He is originally from Clovis, New Mexico but has lived in Amarillo since 2009. Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his daughter, Mackenzie.
- Damon in three words: Clean, honest, reliable
- Favorite part of plumbing: Finding the best solution to resolve a plumbing issue
- Personal interests: Horse riding, off-roading, hunting and other outdoor activities
Known as “Shop Mama,” Andrea wears many hats, primarily as customer service coordinator. A member of our team since 2004, she keeps our plumbing professionals organized and informed about appointments and customers’ needs. Andrea considers Pratt Plumbing her second family, where team members support each other at and outside of work. Andrea was raised in nearby Dalhart.
- Andrea in three words: Helpful, respectful, service-oriented
- Favorite part of plumbing: Every day is different
- Personal interests: Arts and crafts, disc golf, spending time with her two daughters
Originally from Dimmit, Michael has lived in Amarillo since 1995. He began his plumbing career in 2017 when he joined Pratt Plumbing. Michael prides himself on putting the customer first and always completing a job the right way, not just the easy way.
- Michael in three words: Funny, easy-going, caring
- Favorite part of plumbing: Continuing to learn the craft, running new drains, working on remodels