*Pratt Plumbing is here to help you feel more comfortable with common household troubles*
Many homeowners get intimidated by the professional companies that perform home services for them… and the plumbing industry falls right into that category! At Pratt Plumbing, we understand that needing professional plumbing assistance can be slightly uncomfortable and a major inconvenience to your busy schedule. We just want you to know that with us, there is nothing to worry about. Our #1 priority is to help YOU. Your customer satisfaction is very important to us – it’s our job to make sure that you maintain an at ease, convenient lifestyle free of plumbing problems and the stress associated with them.
Take a look at some Frequently Asked Questions and the answers you need!
Knowledge is power and being a professional Amarillo, TX Plumbing Company, we see all types of plumbing issues from minor to major. In order for you to feel more comfortable with common household plumbing problems that you may encounter, we wanted to discuss a few that occur the most frequently. Our goal is to tell you what you can expect, give you tips to help you handle the problem as stress-free as possible, hints as to what your plumber might ask you and advice on ways you can become more involved in the experience and avoid future troubles. The more prepared you are, the more relaxed you will feel. Take a minute to check out a few common problems and how you can handle them as smoothly as possible:
1. Clogged Drains, Toilets or Garbage Disposals – Most of the time minor problems, but a MAJOR inconvenience
- The best way to avoid drain clogs is by making sure you don’t put inappropriate objects into your plumbing system. Build-up of particles and debris like fats, oils, hair, fibrous foods and many other items are the most common cause of back-ups. Save yourself a headache and only flush/rinse what should be down there!
- Try to plunge the clog first. Often times the plunger can be enough to do the trick, but if that doesn’t work you need to call a professional plumber with the tools and training necessary to get the job done right.
TIPS to help you:
- Ask away! Don’t be afraid to ask your plumber questions. Our Pratt Plumbing professionals are always willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Think of it this way… the more that you learn from the experience, the more prepared you will be if you every run into a similar problem in the future.
- Find out in advance how much it will cost you. Unexpected surprises are the worst, especially when they’re coming out of your pocketbook. At Pratt we offer FREE estimates and flat-rate pricing. Many companies charge you for a service call or an estimate. Make sure you ask about company policies.
- Mostly likely… your plumber with use a cable drain snake. It’s a long, hose-like tool that fits down into your clogged drain and forces the blockage or debris forward. This is the most common method for drain cleaning. If the problem is more serious, there is a chance that other steps will need to be taken to fix the clog.
2. Plumbing Fixtures Need Repairing
- Repairing plumbing fixtures in a timely manner can maximize their lifespan is a great way to maintain a healthy plumbing system. Whether you have a leaky toilet or even a shower or leaky faucet, plumbing fixtures can waste significant amounts of water which in turn can have an effect on your monthly bills. If you can’t fix the problem on your own, don’t waste any time. Call the professionals.
TIPS to prepare you:
- When you call, have information ready about the fixture that you are having trouble with. When scheduling a service appointment, your plumber will ask you about the brand, style, age, what it is made from, and possibly other questions. Don’t panic! Just take a few minutes before you call to gather all the information you can. If you don’t know something it is not a big deal… but the more you do know, the easier it will be for the plumber to figure out what he needs to complete the project. The more information he has, the more time it will save you both.
- Don’t feel pressured into replacement when you can repair it. Replacement can be more expensive than repairs but sometimes it may be necessary. Depending on the age and condition of your broken fixture, both processes may be an option. Feel free to ask for your options, for a professional opinion and for costs. At the end of the day, at Pratt Plumbing we want to ensure 100% customer satisfaction; we’ll do what YOU want us to do. Is there a different style or brand you were considering? Let us know! We’d love to help.
3. Problems with your Hot Water/Hot Water Heater
- Hot water is a necessity in any home when it comes to cooking, cleaning, bathing and many important daily processes. If you are aren’t getting enough hot water, if water is collecting at the base of your hot water tank, if there are odd smells being omitted, if it’s making weird noises or if your water is rust colored, you need someone to come and take a look at it for you.
TIPS for a healthy, safe plumbing system:
- Don’t procrastinate! On average, water heaters last around 10 years but often times delaying repairs can drastically reduce their lifespan forcing you to replace it, which can be costly. Don’t wait until it’s too late to fix.
- Find out about your warranty. Manufacturers often give product warranties as well as the companies that install them. Make sure you find out what your warranty consists of so you know what you’re eligible for if anything happens.
- Safety first – Learn how to turn off the electricity/fuel and the water. If an emergency occurs, the last thing you want is a serious hazard occurring in your home. Knowing how to shut off these things can help you greatly by protecting you from other damages that can occur to your water heater and your home.
At Pratt Plumbing we are always available to answer any questions you may have and are always here to try and make your life easier. We provide plumbing installations, repairs and maintenance services in many areas in addition to drain cleaning, fixture repair and hot water heaters:
- Water Lines
- Plumbing Code Violations
- Sewer/Gas Lines
- Water Quality
- Commercial Plumbing
- …And more!
Don’t let plumbing problems worry you… that’s our job! You should always feel safe and comfortable with our licensed technicians. We’ve been in business for over 50 years and look forward to continuing our journey in being the leading plumbing company in the Amarillo and Canyon TX areas. With our free estimates, flat rate pricing and friendly, experienced staff, you’re guaranteed to be satisfied with our services.