Helpful Tips to Ensure your Summer and Plumbing System Flows Smoothly
The last thing you want to deal with during the relaxing, enjoyable months of summer is an unexpected plumbing problem! Many people aren’t aware of the importance of checking your plumbing system twice a year, before summer and winter, to make sure that you won’t run into any unwanted inconveniences to put a damper on your seasonal spirits. At Pratt Plumbing, we want to give you some important plumbing preventative maintenance tips to keep you smiling all summer long!
Limited time offer: $25 off ANY service call!
Common Summer Plumbing Problems:
- Sweat and Condensation created by your Ductwork– Humid weather can cause excess moisture in your home. If you drains are not clear, this can cause messy backups. If you have attic installation, it is important to check your drain pan for water. If your pan is not dry , contact Pratt Plumbing today to check out your problem. Excess water can build and potentially cause water damage to your ceilings and attic floor.
- Clogged Garbage Disposals– Be careful what you put in your garbage disposal! Fibrous, stringy foods like banana peels or the husks from corn on the cob can be disastrous to your plumbing system. Fats and cooking oils can also thicken creating drain clogs. Flush cold water into your garbage disposal for 15 seconds after you put anything in it to make sure that any excess debris is removed.
Helpful Vacation Tip: Turn down the temperature of your water heater to cut utility costs.
- Backed Up Sewer Pipes and Sewer Lines– Seasonal backups are often caused by summer rainwater leaking into your pipes. Have your sewer pipes inspected to make sure they are clear of any intrusions to avoid sewer line backups.
- Water Main Breaks– If you notice pooling in your yard or low water pressure if your home, this may mean your plumbing pipes are old, in poor condition or that roots have entered your water lines. Professional assistance is important for the best video inspection tools and leak detector equipment. If your problem is severe, it may be beneficial to shut off the water at the main source until your trusted local emergency plumbing company arrives.
Prevent floods and fires in your home by replacing your washing machines hoses every three years and emptying your drier lint trap frequently!
- Clogged Toilets- Clogged toilets are common in the summer… especially if there are a lot of kids at home. When a toilet is used and flushed continuously, waste and debris can get trapped in your pipes. Wire hangers can be used to clear minor clogs and plunging is recommended to flush the waste and debris through your pipes. Many times, however, foreign objects in your toilet can be the source of your problems and you may need expert assistance. At Pratt Plumbing, our professional drain cleaning technicians can take care of any drain cleaning problems you may encounter!
Click to check out our Plumbing Service Agreements
- Leaks- Leaks are common all year round but in summer they can negatively affect how your outdoor sprinkler, hose and pool equipment functions. Check your ice maker lines for leaks and make sure that your garbage disposal and dishwasher connections are tight to avoid unwanted water loss and damage to your kitchen. Be sure you check the insides of your cabinets, especially under the sink, as well as your taps, pipes and outdoor pool equipment for signs of leakage.
At Pratt Plumbing, it is our goal to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and to make sure that stressful plumbing problems don’t bring you down. We offer a wide variety of residential plumbing services and commercial plumbing services and give each and every client our undivided attention.
We offer plumbing services in the following areas:
- Water Heaters
- Drain Cleaning
- Plumbing Code Violations
- Water Lines
- Sewer Lines
- Gas Lines
- Water Quality
- …And more!
See what our valued clients think of us: Client Testimonials
We will work directly with you to come up with the best plumbing solutions to meet your family or business’s individual needs. Take advantage of our seasonal plumbing tips to avoid unwanted plumbing problems in your home. But if you are in need of plumbing or emergency assistance, don’t hesitate to call your local, trusted plumbing professionals at Pratt Plumbing. We are happy to answer any questions you may have or to schedule a service appointment for you today that caters to your convenience.
Call to speak with a friendly Pratt Plumbing representative: (806) 316-5710