Caption: By Braslavets Denys at Shutterstock
You rely on hot water for everyday activities. Whether you are washing your hands, cleaning the dishes, or taking a warm shower before work, you need hot water. It is a luxury and a commodity that homeowners simply cannot do without. Unfortunately, not every household has the optimal water heater for their needs. Either the water heater, stuck in a closet somewhere out of sight, is aging rapidly or is leaking. It is time you had the perfect water heater for your Amarillo home. Take a look at some of the best water heaters on the market and learn how to choose the right fit for your needs.
Types of Water Heaters
Before you decide on buying one type of water heater, you need to understand the different types available today. For instance, there are:
- Conventional Storage Water Heaters – The most common model; comes with a storage tank for hot water.
- Tankless Water Heater – Heats water without a tank as it is needed for anywhere in the home.
- Heat Pump Water Heater – The system works by moving heat from one spot to another instead of heating hot water directly.
- Solar Water Heaters – Uses the power of the sun to heat hot water; incredibly efficient model.
- Tankless Coil Water Heaters – Uses your space heating system to heat water.
Selecting a Water Heater
According to the Department of Energy, there are various criteria in which homeowners should explore to select the perfect water heater. These include:
- Fuel type, cost, and availability – You may select from gas, electricity, or solar for your water heating needs.
- Size – An improperly sized water heater may lead to a lack of hot water throughout the house and expensive bills each month.
- Energy Efficiency – To maximize your energy and increase monthly savings, you’ll want a higher energy efficiency rating on your water heater model.
- Costs – The costs associated with a new water heater include the price of the actual unit, installation, and fuel per month. Try to keep within your budget while determining the total costs of a new water heater.
Top Water Heater Models
There are quite a few popular brands available on the market today for hot water heaters. For instance, homeowners throughout Texas tend to opt for Rheem, Bosch, and Takagi above all other brands available. These three, while certainly not the only high-quality water heater manufacturers, tend to create efficient, quality products that last homeowners for quite some time. Most provide 10 or more full years of peak performance. Of course, this all depends on maintenance, cleaning, and whether prompt repairs are scheduled or not.
If you are looking for a new hot water heater in Texas, you cannot go wrong with the top name brands. Each one comes with a manufacturer’s warranty and, because they are so well known, most plumbers know how to perform exemplary work on the system. You’re in good hands.
At Pratt Plumbing in Amarillo, we provide homeowners like yourself with unbeatable water heater services. To schedule water heater installation, repair, replacement, or maintenance, please call 806-373-7866!